Take control of your health today.
Make the choice to schedule and in-home wellness assessment to provide you the information you need for your ongoing health and wellness.
Let our highly trained, kind and caring doctors give you the extra time and attention your plan covers — at no extra cost. Best of all, you don’t even have to leave your house.
A doctor visit that’s all about you.
In the comfort of your own home.
Imagine sitting down at your kitchen table with a doctor who can take your full medical history, review your medications, check your vital signs and answer your questions — without being rushed.
This visit typically lasts up to 60 minutes—with a physician. The physicians in our network are deeply committed to giving you the time and attention you deserve. You’ll find them informative, thorough and pleasant to deal with.
Why do we believe in the in-home setting? Experience has taught us that it has several advantages that give us a better reading on your health:
- Easier and more convenient for you than going to the doctor’s office
- Less stress, which can influence your blood pressure, pulse, etc.
- More privacy to talk about things candidly
- More time — up to 60 minutes — to spend with the doctor without feeling rushed
- A solid review of your health to make sure you’re okay and help you if you’re not
Getting ready is easy. And you can have a friend there.
You don’t have to fast, because we don’t draw blood or do any invasive procedures. Just have your current prescriptions and over-the-counter medications handy for the doctor to review. If it makes you more comfortable, you can invite a friend or family member to be there with you.
Get peace of mind and possibly improve your quality of life.
The point of the wellness visit is to see how you’re doing and to uncover any health or quality of life issues you might be having that:
- You didn’t think were worth mentioning to your doctor
- Have cropped up since your last physical
- You didn’t even know existed (like a heart murmur or diabetes)
An in-home visit can reveal things you take for granted, too — like if you’re having trouble walking or moving around your home or something is putting your safety at risk.
What we look at:
- Vital signs: The doctor will check your vital signs (blood pressure, pulse, etc.).
- Medical history: Together, you and the doctor will go over your medical history, to get a complete picture of your health to date
- Medications: The doctor will take a look at your medications, what you’re taking and how you’re taking them. Perhaps something upsets your stomach, or makes you nervous or sleepy. Maybe you’ve stopped taking it, putting your health at risk. Let’s find out and come up with something that works for you.
After the visit
We bring your PCP up to date
The in-home visit is meant to support the care you get from your regular physician. To that end, we make sure your Primary Care Physician receives a full report on your health, along with an action plan. You also get a one-page summary and action plan.
You keep your PCP and regular appointments
You’ll still continue to see your primary care physician as you normally would. You’ll keep your regular appointments, and any specialists you already see. We may recommend additional care, supervised by your PCP.
Your insurance doesn’t change
There is NO IMPACT on your coverage, your rates or anything related to your plan. Remember, this is totally voluntary. Your plan stays the same whether or not you choose to participate.
What people are saying
Every year, over half a million people are saying yes to our In-Home Wellness Visits. That number is growing, too. Once someone has experienced the benefits, this is something they look forward to on an annual basis. Here’s what they tell us:
“Absolutely outstanding in every way. I’d give the in-home assessment a 10+ !”
“During the visit, the doctor detected a high pulse that I wasn’t aware of. She very likely saved me from a stroke!”
“[Your doctor] was extremely knowledgeable and gave us some great pointers. I’m very impressed.”
“I’ve had a problem with swelling in my legs for years. The doctor made a suggestion that helped 100% and changed my life. I could not be more grateful.“
“I have anxiety and the thought of your doctor coming here was causing me angst. But he put me at such ease. He was informative, intelligent and such a delight. Please thank him.”